Well, it’s about time I started doing these again! Every month I get an Ipsy and Birchbox subscription straight to my door but lately, it feels like the months are passing too fast to even get time to sit down and try out new products. Because life has been so chaotic lately, I haven’t had time to try new products and experiment with things but that has got to change because I miss the feeling of discovering new amazing products. So here it is- a review of February’s Ipsy box. In the midst of life, I seemed to have misplaced my Birchbox for the month (nice one, Carly), so that will be back in March!
I’ll be honest when I got my Ipsy bag this month I wasn’t too impressed from the looks of everything but they surprised me, for the most part!
- Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish: ‘$12 Latte’, $15, use code ‘IPSY30’ for 30% off – When I first saw this color I was not pleased because while I love dark colors, I have never been one for a brown but I have another color from TFB and I love it, so when I get around to getting another pedicure, this will be the color I try! The polish is great and they have a variety of amazing colors on their site.
- NYX Butter Lipstick: ‘Ripe Berry’, $6, use code ‘BUTTERUP’ for 25% off butter lipsticks – I love pretty much anything from NYX, and a big part of that has to do with the price. You get pretty good quality for the price, and that is something to rave about! I love a good dark lip when appropriate and when I got this color I was really happy about it because while I own several similar colors, I had not tried this product yet! Just like the name, this stuff goes on like butter. If you want a very dramatic, bold, and deep lip then you will need to try a liquid lipstick but if you just want a subtle but rich red color, then this should suffice.
- bellapierre Cosmetics Volume Lash Waterproof Mascara: $20, use code ‘ipsymascara2017’ for 25% off – Personally, I hadn’t heard about this brand before receiving this product. Now that I’ve tried this one, I would like to try others to see if they are quality products because I was impressed with this one! For $20, I don’t think I would purchase this product because it only really works best for my lower lashes but since I have it, I’m using it and it seems to be working. I just feel like there are other similar products for less!
- Hikari Cosmetics Cream Pigment Eyeshadow: ‘Latte’, $13, use code ‘IPSY30’ for 30% off – When I first opened this product I was so happy because it looked like such an amazing color, but it failed me. I have some similar colors in my go to Morphe 35O palette but this one doesn’t even compare. When I swatched it on my hand, it swatched beautifully from my finger but when I tried to pick it up with my brush I barely got any product and it was way too light compared to what you see in the pan. Basically, I wasn’t that impressed with the product.
- Befine Food Skin Care Gentle Face Cleanser: $24 for 3.4 oz, use code ‘IPSY’ for 20% off – I actually really liked this product. It felt great on my skin and I felt extremely refreshed after washing my face. After looking more into the brand, I am even more impressed by them. If you’re looking for a good holistic skin care regimen, head over to their site and pick the best one for you!
What’d you think of your ipsy box this month?? Comment below with your thoughts and products of the month!